Pitman shorthand dictionary – British audio dictionary.
Pitman Shorthand Dictionary
- Pitman shorthand is a system of shorthand for the English language developed by Englishman Sir Isaac Pitman (1813–1897), who first presented it in 1837.
- A dictionary, also referred to as a lexicon, wordbook, or vocabulary, is a collection of words in one or more specific languages, often listed alphabetically, with usage information, definitions, etymologies, phonetics, pronunciations, and other information;Webster’s New World College Dictionary
- A book that lists the words of a language in alphabetical order and gives their meaning, or that gives the equivalent words in a different language
- A reference book on any subject, the items of which are arranged in alphabetical order
- a reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them
- An associative array (also associative container, map, mapping, dictionary, finite map, and in query-processing an index or index file) is an abstract data type composed of a collection of unique keys and a collection of values, where each key is associated with one value (or set of values).
pitman shorthand dictionary – Shorthand Pocket
such as missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. that were either part of the original artifact,
or were introduced by the scanning process. We believe this work is culturally important, and despite the imperfections,
have elected to bring it back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works
worldwide. We appreciate your understanding of the imperfections in the preservation process, and hope you enjoy this valuable book.
The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to ensure edition identification:
Pitman’s shorthand proficiency award badge (c.1922)
The badge is made from die-stamped brass with three enamels (red, white & blue) and a gilt finish. There is a pin clasp on the reverse and a maker’s name – Thomas Fattorini/Birmingham Ltd (both lines curved and letters ‘td’ underscored).
LV Speedy 30
I thought I still have my Pitman shorthand dictionary around. Unfortunately, not so some online search and raking my brain for whatever I could remember from college, here’s the birthday message in shorthand.
pitman shorthand dictionary
Shorthand is a valuable asset to everyone in private or business life and Pitman 2000 is a system designed for easy learning, with a speed potential to meet the demands of a modern fast-moving world. Highly practical and packed with review exercises allowing learners to assess their rate of progress, this guide explains all the rules and phrasing principles in clear, easy-to-follow terms. All the points made are illustrated with shorthand examples and with sentence exercises for reading, copying, and writing. Each of the main sections contains a new set of sounds and rules, short forms, phrases, and exercises, including audio exercises on an accompanying CD, and review exercises provide an opportunity to consolidate material already covered.